Code Dx CEO Anita D’Amico moderates a panel on Election Security featuring California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Sr. Advisor on Election Sec at DHS CISA, Matt Masterson, and Founder/CEO of SCYTHE, Bryon Bort.
The United States 2020 Presidential Election will occur soon, and over 100 million Americans will cast votes using a variety of methods, with and without an auditable trail. But questions remain about election security, particularly since the pandemic is causing part of the electorate to cast ballots using different forms from what they’ve traditionally used. In short, Americans want information to build confidence in a fair and accurate election.
This panel of election security experts answer these key questions:
- How did bad actors try to affect the 2016 election, and what lessons learned are being applied in 2020?
- What security issues exist in the traditional voting systems that will be used in 2020?
- What are the key responsibilities of the federal and state governments in election security?
- What security issues exist with new mobile voting platforms, and how can they be addressed?
- What can be done to instill confidence in the election process in 2020?